5 Get-Ready-For-Spring Beauty TipsEven though it may not feel like it sometimes, Spring is finally here!! It's time to put away the heavy snow boots and mittens and air out the sundresses and sandals that I will be wearing soon (fingers-crossed). And even though I can't wait for the warmer weather, there are few beauty things I need to do to get ready for spring.
During the winter months my skin can get drier than usual and I get lazy with a few grooming habits (which I'm sure we are all guilty of). Here are a few tips that I do to look and feel my best when it's time to shine in the sun!
1. Face it!: Add a better moisturizer to your skin routine. My skin was feeling really dry and patchy a couple of weeks ago, the affect from the cold changing weather and trying out a new skin product that was not made for my skin. To help replace the moisture and bring my skin back to life, I have been using the Pure + Simple Pure Essentials Kit. Review on all the kit's products coming soon! And if you haven't already, don't forget to add a sunscreen or a product containing a SPF since you will be in the sun more often!
2. Get Body Scrubbing!: Get skin ready to show off by exfoliating and adding a body scrub to your shower cleansing routine. Scrubs help get rid of dead skin and makes it look less dull. A great one to try is The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub. It works really well and has a refreshing scent.
3. Add Colour and Moisturize!: Because my skin hasn't seen the sun in a while, I have been using Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream to moisturize after my shower. It added a little of colour to my skin and made my feel soft and evened out my skin tone.
4. Don't Forget to Smile!: Over the winter, I drink so much more coffee! The hot drink helps with the cold morning TTC commute. Unfortunately, coffee (and wine) makes my teeth look less white and dull. That's why the Spring is the perfect time to get a teeth whitening treatment. If you can't make it to the dentist then try an at-home one. I like to use the Crest 3D Whitening Strips. It is easy to apply and I can see the results right away. And don't forget about the lips! My lips also get dry and cracked and can look patchy from the cold winter months. Maybelline New York Baby Lips Dr. Rescue is a great lip balm that helps my lips look and feel fabulous. It comes in 6 natural tints and goes on smooth.
5. Nail it!: Now that the gloves are off and it's going to be open toe season soon, it's time to take a trip to the salon to get those tender tooties and finger nails looking their best. If you don't have time or money to make the trip, there are alot of products you can use at home like Trind Natural Nail Care. The nailcare aisle in your local beauty department has alot of solutions. The key to healthy looking nails is to be consistent in your nail care regimen.
P.s!: Spring time is the perfect season to try out some fun and colourful beauty trends and new routines, like some fabulous new D.I.Y Manicures or a new curly hairstyle!
***Disclosure: Even though I was sent some of these products for review/editorial consideration, all my opinions and statements are true and reflect my actual viewpoint.***